All the capabilities of the Basic version:
- The professional version offers all the features of the basic version (see above), plus numerous others. Therefore, you should first see the description of Astro-PC Basic. The Pro version provides many additional functions and options, which are summarized below.
Large database of world cities:
- By default, the Pro version offers hundreds of thousands of coordinates for cities around the world. If needed, you can install an additional and expanded database that includes more than three million geographic coordinates, including the smallest village.
Date Searches (for prognosis and research):
- Powerful and programmable date search functions are available for:
- Aspectarian functions.
- Primary directions (Placidus, Regiomontanus, or Campanus, mundane or zodiacal, direct or converse, etc.)
- Converse directions.
- Symbolic directions.
- Secondary progressions.
- Tertiary directions.
- Solar returns (one year of SR dates).
- Data can be displayed in columns or in lists, chronological or not, or in calendar format.
- The date search functions allow you to choose the planets you want to include, time frame for searches, starting dates, aspects to include, and other options. You can also do reverse searches in time (“converse” feature).
- Multiple search function entirely programmable (time frame, aspects...): this function will display a sorted table including the aspects of all the available forecasting methods you have selected (Transits, Directions, etc.) -- It will also specify if the aspect listed is already present in the Natal chart or not. For example, if you have experienced a particular event on a certain day and you don't find (with the prognosis methods you usually use) what is the aspect or configuration that can explain this event, you can use this function to search, for that day, what are all the aspects that were formed with all the forecasting methods offered in the program. This will help you find more easily what is the aspect and forecasting method which can be the origin of the event.
- Date search for a file: this function allows you to perform a date search for a planet in the various charts in a chart file. For example, if you select the chart file of a family, you will be able to see all the aspects formed by Jupiter in transit for each chart, in chronological order.
- Several methods of Ascendant rectification are available, based on the dates of the major life events (marriage, birth of children, career development, etc.).
- The Aspectarian functions allow you to list the aspects like an ephemeris. Entirely programmable, they are available for Real Time cycles, daily transits, transits compared to the natal chart, progressed cycles, profections, converse directions, and tertiary directions.
- With several aspectarian functions, you can also search in time for stelliums composed of 3, 4 or 5 planets. This is useful in mundane and forecasting astrology. For the declination aspects, you can also research configurations of 3 planets.
- Aspectarian Transits/Progressions: This feature lets you know when the transiting planets are doing aspects with the progressed planets.
The professional version allows you to get the delineation texts of the following areas:
- Natal Chart, with several choices of emphasis: Planets+Ascendant+MC in signs; planets in houses; aspects (major and minor).
- Chart comparison (synastry): Delineation of aspects made between the planets+Asc+MC of two different charts.
- Solar Returns: SR houses in natal houses; SR houses in signs; SR planets in SR houses; SR planets in natal houses; SR planets in signs; Aspects between SR planets; Aspects between SR Planets and natal planets.
- Transit dates (completely configurable): delineation of transit with estimated dates of their effects.
- Planetary strength/weights.
- Aspects in transit charts.
- Progressions/Directions charts.
- Symbolic degrees.
- Planets in containment.
Important note: The delineation files are sold blank. You may either fill them with your own astrological delineations, or purchase those compiled by Aureas (primarily in French, but also in other languages in the future). Texts can be edited at your discretion and are sold separately.
Many other options:
- Accuracy to 01” from the year 3000 B.C. to the year 3000 A.D.
- More than 200,000 geographical locations available, or three million if you install the expanded atlas of world cities.
- Multi-windows display -- you can view several charts at once on the screen.
- Indian/Vedic Astrology: friends/enemies, ashtakavargas, shodashvargas, significators, periods or dasas. The charts can be displayed in the traditional square format (South India, North India or Bengal), or in round format with nakshatras. Planetary strengths according to D. Labouré, or Gillet.
- Positions of hypothetical planets : Vulcan, Proserpine, Transpluto, Nemesis, Kore, etc., special astronomical points, and planetary nodes.
- Positions of 1500 fixed stars, with aspects in the natal chart. True distances between planets.
- Function “click and drag”: When you click on the symbol of a planet and move it on another planet, a window will indicate when the first planet forms transiting aspects with the second planet. You can do the same with a sign or a house to get the ingress in the sign or house.
- Advanced functions including Primary (Campanus, Regiomontanus, Placidus), Tertiary and Evolutionary directions; Luni-solar returns; Lunar phase returns; Local Space Charts; adjustable real-time clock chart for current transiting positions.
- Horary Astrology: Horary charts with 30° scales, Dynamic Clock Charts.
- New and Full Moon charts; Lunations for the full year; Chart of the New Moon before birth.
- Solar charts; Nodal charts; Profections.
- Map of the stars and constellations with location of the ecliptic and planets.
- Rising and setting of the planets; Domitudes; Positions and aspects; Sensitive points; Echo Points according to Danièle Jay.
- Temporal Cylinder (according to Pierre Etevenon).
- Converse functions. Option to personalize printed pages.
- Optional display of various data outside the chart: midpoints, Uranian Transneptunian factors, various hypothetical points, fixed stars, arabic parts, and others.
Ephemerides and Tables of Houses:
- As for the Basic version, you can print out pages of ephemerides as in our “New International Ephemerides 1900-2050” and also get pages of tables of houses as in our book “Tables of Houses”.
- Ephemerides: With the Professional version, you can not only get conventional ephemerides with the planetary positions in longitude, but also obtain the positions in declination or in latitude.
- With version 10, you can now also have complete ephemerides offering more information, as in our old paper book “The Complete Ephemerides 1920-2020”. These will tell you not only the longitudes of the planets, but also the declinations and an aspectarian of the major aspects (one month per printed page). Example
- You can also have not only the usual planetary positions, in geocentric astrology, but also heliocentric ephemerides, based on the Sun (which will also indicate the position of the Moon). Example
This is one of the more interesting improvements of the latest versions. They are also available in the basic version of Astro-PC but with less choices. With this feature, you can display on a chart up to 45 individual points: 22 points are used by the program to show the main elements (planets, etc.), and 23 others are programmable. These points are predefined to display a specific astronomical or astrological element, but you can modify it and select any other available point. Thus you can display on a chart any element between those listed below (for example, all the asteroids, a selection of mid-points, etc.).
- Traditional planets: from the Sun to Pluto.
- Transneptunian planets of the Hamburg School: Cupido, Hades, Zeus, Kronos, Apollon, Admetos, Vulkanus.
- Asteroids: Chiron, Ceres, Pallas, Vesta, Juno, Sedna, Varuna, Quaoar, Ixion, Orcus (2004DW), 2002AW197, 1992 QB1, Astraea, Amor, Psyche, Eros, Pholus, Nessus, Haumea (2003 EL61), Eris/Xena (2003 UB313), Makemake (2005 FY9), Sappho and Hygiea.
- Lunar Nodes: North and South, mean and/or true.
- Black Moon/Lunar apogee: True, mean, corrected or according to Beriault. And the same for Priape (the point opposite to the Black Moon).
- Special points: Black Sun, East Point, Vertex Point, Vernal Point, Point 90° from the Ascendant, Sunrise point, Sunset point, Ura/Sat and Sat/Ura midpoints (according to Catherine Castanier), New Moon and Full Moon positions.
- Arabic parts: Part of Fortune and any Arabic part programmed in the software (about thirty) or simply configurable.
- New special points: Local Ascendant and MC, West Point, Lilith Sepharial, Point of transformation, Lunar Parallax, Ecliptic Middle and Nadir, Vertex, Proserpine, Transpluto, Kore, Vulcan, Hermes pole, Daimon, Tyche, and more.
- Midpoints: You can display any midpoint.
- Fixed Stars: Choice of many stars.
- Echo points (according to D.Jay): Display of the Echo for the planets or the main points.
- External points: Ten programmable points allow you to show points not calculated by the program.
Ancient and medieval astrology:
In order to answer to the demand for ancient and medieval astrology, Astro-PC Pro includes the following functions:
- Day and hour rulers.
- Determination of the temperament by tabulation of hot/cold/humid/dry qualities.
- Determination of the Almuten (with calculation details), of the Hyleg planet (or Aphet), of the Anaretic planet, of the Alcochoden.
Hermes Trutina (Prenatal Epoch) charts with the Natal Moon on the conception Ascendant or Descendant. Display of the adjusted birth date according to the choice made.
- Solar Return, providing the “Annual Ruler”.
- Hieroz-Bonatti Directions : usual aspects according to Bonatti.
- Profection dates research.
- Fridaries (alfridaries): planets which have dominant influence during the different periods of life.
- Systems of domitude including the Porphyry system.
- House systems including Alcabitius and Sign-house (each house 30° and starting at the beginning of each sign).
- Planetary strength/weight, including Almuten (per Ibn Ezra).
- The calculation of planetary strength/weight allows one to define dignities and exaltations of planets : 1) the planetary rulers of triplicities, 2) decan rulers, 3) planetary terms.
- New “hour” function giving the planetary hours for the complete day (for horary astrology).
- Antiscia and Contrascia aspects.
The program is supplied on a CD-Rom or can be downloaded from our website. Minimum configuration required: hard disk with 160 Mb of free space (430 Mb if you install the expanded atlas), CD-Rom drive, USB drive, Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP-sp3 (not compatible with Windows 10 S, Windows Phone, Windows 8 RT). This program is protected against illegal copying (see the Software security page for more information), and is supplied as a single-user version. If you want to use it on multiple computers, you must purchase a USB security key.
To download a Demo version, click here.